Saturday, August 13, 2011

Another Kind of Always.

There is family.

And then there is the one who held your hand on the cusp of midnight darkness, leaned into you, barely looking up, teary eyed, saying "I have to tell you something."

You didn't know what would be said would be what you'd been dealing with.

There is family.

And then there is a moment.
A moment after quite some time.

Where a person who drifts in and out of your life, who knows the core center of your rotting apple heart, drifts back in with nary a hesitant glance.

There is family.
There is that, always.

But there is another kind of always, the one that keeps you inspired while others belittle.

I don't think I'll ever understand, why I so easily, nonchalantly even, hurt those who've shown me this other kind.

I don't know what compels me to hurt these angel-lead lovers of my life, the very soul of what makes me mine.

I think, just last week, I might have lost one...because.of.my. words..

All I can say is, despite all my culture, I can still be a biotch.

May angels lead you in, wherever you are to arrive.

There is family...
And then there are friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment