Friday, July 29, 2011

Homesick

There's this paragraph from Breaking Dawn that goes a little something like this,

"The march was too slow as I struggled to pace my steps to its rhythm. Mercifully, the aisle was very short. And then, at last, at last, I was there. Edward held out his hand. Charlie took my hand and, in a symbol as old as the world, placed it in Edward's. I touched the cool miracle of his skin, and I was home."

Today, in the car with my mom, it dawned on me (haha, no pun intended..well, actually...) that the reason I am excited about going back to school, overwhelmingly so, is because of a four-leafed friendship that has forever changed my life. My three friends and I couldn't be more different, couldn't. be. more. different. but there is just something about finishing the circle of interlaced fingers when we bow our heads to pray that feels like coming home. I spent so much time in the beginning trying to mask the fact that I was raised with emotional people, have an interesting family situation (half and half doesn't nearly do it justice), until I lost it one day, and a volcano of anger meets vulnerability tumbled out and colored the air a rosy tinged purple....I'll never forget the look on their faces...or the lightening speed with which they forgave me. I can't wait for moments when I'm needed to finish the circle, and I know, in my moments of need, they'll be there, too. Girls..if you're reading this...I LOVE YOU! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment