Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sick Day: On accomplishments

It's quite a humbling experience to be at home sick with the "runs".
Without typing all the details...it sucks.
So...I'm supposed to be filling out this application for the National Honor Society.
Say it out loud...it's fun...it sounds very official.
I've decided I like saying it in a British accent best...National Honor Society!
Anyways, there are all these blank boxes for "activities" and "accomplishments" to go in..
And I don't feel very accomplished.
Because I consider accomplishments to be.
1. Talking someone out of suicide
2. Hugging someone who is desperate for a friend at just the right moment
3. Knowing ALL the words to R-E-S-P-E-C-T, and singing them loudly...in the shower
4. Wearing something that you think is utterly fabulous, even though the people around you think it is utterly unfabulous
and since I have only done one of those things, I'm not exactly sure how "accomplished" I truly am.

1 comment: